Whether you need a quick breakfast on-the-go or a healthy snack to keep your energy levels up throughout the day, these cookies are a must-have in your kitchen.
Did I mention these are vegan and refined sugar-free? Well, you're in luck!
The pumpkin seeds offer a grip of magnesium, copper, and zinc - necessary nutrients for a healthy immune system and working metabolism. Plus, the vitamin C and A from the cranberries help decrease blood pressure. And let's not forget the important fiber from the oats to keep that digestive system healthy and working efficiently!
Breakfast of Champions Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
0.25 cup Coconut Oil
0.25 cup Maple Syrup
2 cups Quick Rolled Oats
0.3 cup Dried Cranberries
0.3 cup Pumpkin Seeds
0.25 cup + 2 Tbsp. Ground Flax
1 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
0.5 tsp. Salt
0.5 cup Pumpkin Puree
6 Tbsp. Water
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Combine the 2 Tbsp. of ground flax with 6 Tbsp. of water. Set aside until it becomes thick and congeals together (about 10 minutes).
3. In a sauce pan, melt coconut oil and maple syrup together.
4. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients (oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, 0.25 cup of ground flaxseed, pumpkin pie spice, and salt)
5. Add pumpkin puree, coconut oil/maple syrup, and flax/water concoction to the large bowl of dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and place approximately 0.25 cup portions of cookie dough pressing down slightly to form the shape you want.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
8. Store cookies in fridge or freezer.