I mean the title kind of sells it already, don't you think? Talk about a trifecta of cookie ingredients.
Dairy-free, plant-based, AND vegan!
So you know that feeling you get about yourself after a deep yoga practice? When you feel strong on the outside, but buzzing with all the feels on the inside. Yeah so imagine that in cookie form, and you have these babies - perfectly golden brown, crispy outer layer with a satisfyingly soft center. Now, I can't make any promises, but you may also have a spiritual experience too. That's how mouth-watering these cookies are.
Oatmeal + Almond Butter + Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes 12 Cookies
0.75 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
1 cups All-Purpose Flour
0.5 tsp. Baking Powder
0.5 tsp. Baking Soda
0.5 tsp. Salt
0.5 cup Apple Sauce
0.5 cup Evaporated Cane Sugar
0.5 cup Brown Sugar
0.5 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
0.5 cup Almond Butter
3 Tbsp. Flax Meal + 1 Tbsp. Water (egg replacement)
6 oz. Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped
4 oz. Dark Chocolate Bar, grated
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Mix together flax meal and water and set aside.
3. Pulse 1/2 cup oats in food processor until it becomes a flour. Add to large bowl with remaining oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. In a large bowl, beat together applesauce and sugars until well-combined. Then beat in vanilla and almond butter. Add in flax/water mixture. Gradually beat in flour mixture, then add chopped and grated chocolate just until combined.
5. Cover dough and chill for at least 2 hours and up to a week.
6. Form dough into rounds, and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.